Welcome to the 2020 Employee Giving Campaign
Giving is an essential part of AARP's legacy, and is at the core of our motto—“to serve, not to be served.” We give as an organization and as individuals to improve our communities, because we understand "The Value of Giving".
Part of AARP's culture of giving involves formal programs and events like Day of Service and Community Builders. We also advance our social mission through a wide range of AARP-affiliated charitable organizations. Equally important are the array of causes you choose to support on your own terms - causes that are personally important and meaningful to you.
The 2020 Employee Giving Campaign takes place from Monday, Nov. 2 - Friday, Dec. 4. This is an opportunity for each of us to expand on AARP's mission as a service organization in a personally relevant way. Your pledge, which will be enhanced by matching dollars from AARP, can make a powerful difference to those in need. No pledge is too small. Your gift makes a difference. You make a difference.
- You can give to any charity you choose, as long as it is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. If you don't have a specific charity in mind, consider supporting an AARP-affiliated charity such as AARP Foundation, Legal Counsel for the Elderly, AARP Employee Crisis Fund, and new this year, Wish of a Lifetime from AARP. To learn more about these organizations, see AARP Affiliated Charities.
- The options are endless; give to as many charities as you wish. You can give to one or to several nonprofits. Designate a dollar amount for each or a percentage of your total
- You decide how you want to give. You can elect to make your gift through payroll deduction (choose one or 24 installments) write a check, pay by credit card or stock donation. For more information on payment options, see Ways to Give.
Through the online pledge site you can:
- Look up your personal giving history and make a new pledge to a charity you've supported in the
- Find information on more than 2,000 charities across the country. Search alphabetically, by key word or phrase, by city and state or by category (health, environment, ).
- Write in any 501(c)(3) charity of your choice, whether it is a local, regional, national or international organization. You just need the organization's complete name, tax identification number (EIN #), phone number and address so the charity's 501 (c)(3) nonprofit status can be
AARP Matches Pledges
The Employee Giving Campaign is part of our history, our brand and our mission. In offering a match to our donations, AARP extends that legacy, sets an example for all of us to follow, strengthens the support we give to the charities we select, and encourages us to be as generous as we can.
AARP will match every $1 pledged with a 50¢ donation up to $500,000. Pledges will be matched beginning on the first day of the campaign through the last.
The AARP match of donations is not based on the order in which pledges are received during the campaign, but rather the match of donations is applied over the course of the year, as the donations are distributed until the $500,000 is reached.